Here's the thing: I find that there are two kinda women out there- the women that LOVE gold and the women that LOATH gold. I don't know why its such a polarizing color/metal, but it just seems to be the case.
Me? I am the former. I love me some GOLD! Jewelry, shoes, jewelry, makeup... and jewelry.
Today I am stopping by Studio5 again to dish about introducing gold into your makeup routine. Now before you get all crazy-eyes on me, hear me out. Gold, just like when worn in your outfit, is the accent color. Not the entire ensemble. Think of this rich tone as the extra touch of sparkle that sets everything off and completes a look.
And here's the second thing: You can choose to wear gold in subtle ways or bold ways- so pick your poison, commit to it, and then love the heck out of it and you'll be right on trend for this season where gold is the new neutral.
When you want your gold to whisper:
- Introduce a hint of the tone in your eyeshadow by swiping on a gold creme shadow right in the inner corner of the eye that graduates to another color towards the outside and up to the crease. I love NYX Jumbo Pencil in Gold for this because its creamy formula goes on so easily and blends seamlessly with other colors.
- Add just a touch of gold highlight on the top of your cheekbone using the CandleLight Glow highlighter from Too Faced. This compact is perfect for adding a hint of sheen and the yellow and pink pairing make it literally perfect for all skin tones because the two colors balance and make a neutral. The palette will last you ages and you will get use out of it year round.
When you want your gold to talk:
- Amp up your eyes by using gold liner to pair perfectly with rich black lashes. You can opt for a shimmer or glitter version- but remember that the gold doesn't have to carry across your entire lid. Try transitioning the liner 1/2 or 3/4 of the way into a rich brown or cool black to add just enough gold without looking costume-worthy. I love the Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes for my shimmer version, and NYX Liquid Crystal liner when I want to add glitter.
When you want your gold to shout:
- Add some real pop with a liquid or stick highlighter on the cheekbone. The richer formula will reflect more light and give a glowy effect that lasts all day. Try the Stilla HD Illuminating Beauty Balm for a liquid version or Benefit Watts Up for an easier stick application. Both will add a dewey highlight to the cheek that screams glam.
- Make your lips the statement feature by adding gold to the center of your pout. This lip ombre effect is easy to achieve with the duel sided lip pairings from CoverGirl. The Lip Blast Flip Stick (colors shown are minx and tease) has a great formula that wears well, but also blends beautifully. Start with the gold and make a circle shape in the center of your lips about a half inch in diameter (that includes both the upper and lower lip in one circle) Then apply the complimentary color to the outside of the circle and towards the corners of your mouth. A few good blots of the lips will blend the two tones together and create the illusion of fuller lips with a gold highlight in the center.
Remember to focus on one area as your accent and keep the rest of your makeup toned down and more simple. And experiment with tones that compliment your skin- coppers are deep golds look beautiful on darkers skined ladies, while cooler and lighter shades pair nicley with my fair skined friends.
Thanks for stopping by today- be sure you are getting social with me too! Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest is where you can find me. Adios!