I have always been a 'bath person'. I think you either are, or you aren't... but this time of year when it's cold outside I find myself using my bath at least three times per week. I just love a good soak, and I know I am not alone, so today I am sharing a few of my most preferred bath products. Plus my recipe for a DIY bath melt that is perfect for Valentine's Day. You can get extra details in the video with Studio5 TV, plus enter to win my favs over on instagram (details below)
Best Bath Bubbles
- Salt of the Earth Bubbling Salts- This product combines the goodness of natural sea salt and the luxury of froth bubbles into one amazing experience. You can customize the scent from more than 50 different options, and every product boasts 72 trace minerals from The Great Salt Lake. (My home town, yo!) I love the 'Strawberry Champagne' flavor.
- Lush Bubble Bar- You've probably tried one of these, but in case you haven't- it's a must do. Crumble a small piece under running water and watch as the bubbles form and the color of your bath turns into a pastel haven. Try the orange and chocolate flavored 'Yuzu & Cocoa' Bubbleroon.
Best Bath Fizz
- Salt of the Earth Bath Fizz- I love the effervescent experience of this product and the way it fills the air with the scent... my fav is the 'Eucalyptus Grapefruit'. Your skin is left silky smooth and moisturized. Win-win!
- Lush Bath Bomb- The one that started it all! Watch and listen as your bomb moves, fizzes and changes colors in the bath water. They are just too fun not to splurge on every now and then. And yes, the 'Sex Bomb' is my top choice! ;)
DIY Bath Melt Recipe
- 2oz Organic Cocoa Butter [the solid type]
- 1/2oz Almond Oil /or alternative 1oz Organic Shea Butter
- 2-5 Drops Essential Oil per Melt; Lavender, Rose, Orange, Vanilla, Eucalyptus etc.
- Optional Dry Ad-ins; Rose Petals, Chamomile Tea, Dried Orange Zest, Dried Lavender etc.
- Use a knife and carefully break apart the Cocoa Butter into small chunks, then measure out approx 2oz.
- Add the Cocoa butter to a crockpot (I use a slow cooker liner for easy cleanup) or to a double boiler [A shallow pan with 1 inch of water in the bottom, then a glass bowl inside the water will also work as a makeshift double boiler]
- Next, add your Almond Oil or Shea Butter and heat over medium heat stirring every now and then until the mixture is melted and all of the chucks have disappeared
- Carefully pour the mixture into molds (I recommend silicone baking cups, but cupcake tins work too) keeping the mixture less than 1/2 inch thick
- Drop 2-5 drops off your Essential Oils into each mold, depending on how strong you like the scent to be
- Add your optional Dry Ingredients to each mold
- Allow the molds to cool in the fridge for about 1 hour until they've hardened and become opaque. Then pop the melts out of the molds and store them in a cool dry place until use
Only one melt is needed per bath, and remember they can make the tub slippery so use caution when getting in and out. Yield: about 5 medium sized melts
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you'll take a little time to relax and pamper your self with a nice bath sometime soon. Now for the GIVEAWAY!!! I'm giving away these amazing Lush bath products and Salt of the Earth is giving away some awesome goodies too. The fun is happening over on Instagram- so don't miss it! xo