My beauty goal this year are less about vanity and more about health and wellness, after all that's where the real beauty lies in all of us. I hope you'll join me in making your own list of beauty goals too- or you can just use mine if they fit the bill!
2015 Beauty Resolutions:
- Drink More Water! Ugh, I am SO BAD at this... I am one of those few people on earth that experience a nice ol' gag reflex while drinking water. [I know, weirdo] It's not impossible for me to drink, it's just not easy. But I know the importance of H20 and I am going to drink at least 24 oz. a day, which isn't a lot- but it's a lot for me! Fingers crossed.
- Hydrogen Peroxide Swish 3x's per week. My teeth are gigantic- I don't know if you've ever noticed, ha! But they are large- and I drink Diet Coke or the daily. As I've gotten older my teeth have yellowed more, and while I love a good round of whitening strips- In between sessions I have started swishing with Hydrogen Peroxide at night for whiter teeth and healthier gums. It doesn't taste bad, and it's a lot quicker and easier than oil pulling
- Nightly Face Cleansing no matter what! Last year I decided that I was NOT going to skimp on my routine at night, even if I was dead tired at 2am. [which sometimes meant scrubbing by the light of my phone to let me husband sleep] The consistency has paid off with my battle against acne and I am not about to stop now. By the way, here are 5 Things You Should Never Do When Washing Your Face.
- Stretch and Breathe. This year I want to work on getting some of my flexibility back. I've noticed a major decline in my bodies ability to bend and stretch the way it once did- and my knees, back and neck have taken quite the beating after spending 13 years standing on my feet behind a styling chair at the salon. For this goal I am going to turn TV time into stretching-while-watching time... ahh that feels nice, doesn't it?
- SPF 365! I've heard it a million times, and so have you. Let this be the year we actually apply our sunscreen religiously. I am no Spring chicken anymore, and fine lines are starting to appear around my eyes and on my chest where past sunburns [and tanning beds, ugh] caused damage. I've added a matte lightweight/oil free SPF 32 into my morning routine, and pledge to keep it ongoing year round. I hope you will too!
What beauty resolutions are you making this year? Let me know in the comments below- writing them down is a must... good luck! xo