Target has been KILLING IT lately in the style department. Just ask my credit card statement. Or my husband, who pays said credit card statement... [oops!] But seriously though, if you haven't browsed the isles of a Target store lately and seen the amazing home design, clothing and shoes, then at least stop by the makeup and skincare isles.
Target has brought on some of the best beauty lines from across the pond, and I for one, am thrilled that they are now available so readily here at my fav retailer. Pixi by Petra is no stranger in the beauty junkie world, but if this line is newer to you, here's a little rundown:
Pixi by Petra was started over a decade ago by makeup artist Petra Strand in London. She's been a makeup artist for over 20 years, and I remember hearing about her products in the early days of youtube from my British cohorts who raved about them in their blogger videos. The line has a skincare element to it and the products all contain natural botanicals and healthy skin ingredients.
My Pixi collection has grown steadily over the last year, and today I've rounded up my blue ribbon picks from the collection. Here are the must try products from Pixi by Petra:
- Correction Concentrate- Under eye circles have met their match with this creamy peach concealer that knocks out blue shadows and veins with one swipe. It's color-theory at it's best and it doesn't settle into fine lines or melt away throughout the day.
- Glow Tonic- While this one hasn't shown up on the shelves of Target just yet, I still included it in this post because it is in my opinion the crown jewel of Pixi's line. This toner leaves skin indeed glowing as the name indicates but also hydrated and exfoliated as well. I also love the scent because it reminds me of my late grandmother's perfume- in a wonderfully nostalgic way.
- Natural Brow Duo- This multi tasking duel sided brow wizard has an automatic brow pomade pencil on one side, that has a chiseled angle applicator which is easy to use and gives great volume to the brows as well as nice color. The other end houses your setting brow gel which doesn't flake and keeps the brows in place all day and night.
- Fairy Dust- A great loose pigment eye shadow that is finely milled and easy to apply with a built in sponge applicator. I love the shimmer tones and the pigment is beautiful and lasts with out creasing. Add a primer before hand for a brighter color payoff.
- Shea Butter Lip Balm- I love these soft lip balms with a hint of tint and tons of moisture. The sheer colors are beautiful and they wear like a dream.
- Sheer Cheek Gel- The bright pigments in these gels look intimidating at first but they are quite dewey and mellow once applied to the skin. The gel texture isn't sticky at all and gives a nice bright pop of color to the cheeks that looks lit from within.
- Quick Fix Powder- Set your face for an all day matte finish with this innovative powder puff. The packaging is genius and mess free- which I love and gives you the benefits of a loose powder without the white residue all over your countertop or clothing. I don't care for the scent on this one, but the oil absorption and matte properties are top notch.
Have you tried any Pixi products? Got any favorites to share with us? Let me know in the comments down below, and thanks so much for stopping by today! And if you didn't hear about my girl MaskCara's new makeup launch, be sure you head over there to check it out. I already bought be custom palette and I can't wait to get it!