A couple weeks back I shared my favorite picks from the Pixi line, and today I'm keeping the budget-train rolling with my top picks from the ELF line which can also be scooped up at Target as we'll as on the eyeslipsface website.
This line is perfect for the gal on a budget, and I always recommend it to my teen and college student readers and friends because it doesn't break the bank, but still offers really great products. And while not everything is a must-buy in my opinion, there are so many goodies I do love and recommend, as well as use myself on a regular basis. Here is a wrap up of the best products from ELF:
- Studio Blush Palette- This palette is a great buy and has several different tones of blush and bronze all in one place. The texture is a soft pressed pigment, that applies easily and blends nicely with great staying power. In fact all of the blushes and bronzers from ELF are winners!
- 3-in-1 Mascara- I love the balled tip applicator on this mascara wand and the comb type bristles are great for separating and giving lashes a rich black coating. The balled end works great for detailing the corners of your eyes and for quick sweeping along the lower lashes without smudges.
- Lustrous Cream Eye Shadows- These cream shadows are new to the line, but I've already scooped up 3 colors and LOVE them. They are easy to apply with your ring finger and spread on smoothly with lovely shimmer and metallic tones. They are beautiful on their own, or work great as a primer under your powder shadows for an extra pop of color and staying power.
- Under Eye HD Setting Powder- Designed to blur fine lines, and give a brightening effect to the under eye area, this super fine milled loose powder has become one of my favorite products to keep in my purse for mid-day touchups. While the brush it comes with is useless, the powder sweeps on with your finger very nicely and quickly brightens and refreshes your under eyes in a snap!
- Studio Makeup Mist & Set- Like hairspray for your face... this stuff sets your makeup and holds it all day. Essential for humid and hot months, but great for oily complexions all year round- and a fraction of the price of other options out there. Yes please!
- Lip Exfoliator- This bumpy tube of goodness is so easy to use and is the best way to prep lips for an application of those hard to apply matte colors (MAC Rubywoo, I'm looking at you!) Plus it's wonderful to use in the winter months when dry lips are always lurking.
I've included a few more of my favorites in the shopping slider down below, otherwise this post would have been 10 miles long. The only thing I would caution you against purchasing are the ELF makeup brushes. I find them to be very scratchy on the skin and haven't had good luck with them in the bristle shedding department or the washability department. I firmly believe that high quality brushes make a HUGE difference with makeup application, so I'll continue to splurge there.
Thanks for reading! Do you have any ELF favorites? Share them with me in the comments down below, and I'll catch you all soon, xo