Hello lovely friends! Thanks so much for stopping by and reading today- I have missed you this week while I have been away. I wanted to have a couple posts ready for my absence, but alas life won the battle and that did not happen. This last week has been a whirlwind of adventure in NYC, one of my favorite cities to visit! I hope you were following along in instagram [shameless plug]
I am a lucky gal because my older sister has lived in NY for over a decade, so I have been able to stay with her more times than I can count, and every time I visit I find new things to love. While Fashion Week hasn't wrapped up yet, I wanted to at least give you a little snippet of my trip- and then later this week I'll bring you all the best hair and makeup from the shows. Ready?!
- Strolling through the brownstones wearing: Dress- Target // Booties // Sunglasses
- The 9/11 Memorial shining beams of light into the sky on the eve of Sept 11th. (We toured the new museum, and it was so amazing and heartbreaking at the same time, but highly recommended if you get the chance)
- A visit to the US Open early in the week to see the Williams sisters battle it out! Which was a dream come true for my husband and I who are both avid tennis players and fans. It was the matchup of a lifetime, and an experience we will never forget.
- The view from my sisters down-town office, looking up at the Freedom Tower.
- Stained glass art installation 'house' down under the Manhattan Bridge, looking out to the Brooklyn Bridge over the East River.
- The 9/11 Memorial Fountains that stand in the foot prints of the fallen towers. I have seen these before, but they still take my breath away. I feel as though it was inspired to keep this space open, as it gives a beautiful poignant dedication to the lives lost.
- On Top of the Rock, looking out over Central Park on a windy afternoon, wearing: Dress // Sunglasses
- Walking home to Brooklyn over the Brooklyn Bridge... My sister does this every day after work. It's quite the workout, but lots of fun and offers so many amazing views in every direction.
- A day trip to the Natural History Museum wearing: Dress // Bag // Sunglasses // Flats
- Live butterfly exhibit at the museum had me a little freaked out as they fluttered by my head, but I managed not to scream or swat one out of the air, as I am sure that would be frowned upon!
- Running around the city in between fashion shows wearing: Dress- Target // Bag
- A view from the top on a moody day (which had me feelin like Batman in Gotham).
Come back on Thursday for a full recap of the best beauty from New York Fashion Week, and I'll see you all soon! xo