Can you believe we are already at the end of October!? Where does the time go?
I wanted to share with you a really quick and easy idea for a last minute costume. ELF sent me this great makeup kit (only $8 at Target) and I thought it was brilliant! Then I used some TresEmme products that work great for a textured look- put that all together and you've got an easy costume in no time!
To get started with hair and to give it a 'Witchy' texture I used a couple favorite Tresemme products.
- 1- Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo, at the roots for volume and a little grit. It's my favorite drug store option out there, and the new formula doesn't leave a white residue- which I love.
- 2- Next I used the Perfectly Undone Seasalt Spray to scrunch in some natural look beachy waves. This is a new product for me, but I love how it works, and the scent is so good!
- 1- Prep the face with whatever foundation you like, and then use the Eye Primer in the kit to prep the entire lid and lower lash line area. Next take the Black Eye Liner and sketch out the shape of the cat-eye you want. I decided to keep my lower lid shadow free, and only apply color above the crease.
- 2- Take the Black & Deep Purple Shadows, and lightly apply color over your liner- blending upward towards the brow. [I also used Scotch Tape here, to give a really sharp edge on my cat eye. After you've applied your shadow, simply remove the tape and you're left with a perfect line!]
- 3- Use the Eye Lid Primer again to clean up the edges, in this case it acts like a concealer and works great!
- 4- Use the Black Lipstick in the kit to sculpt the face, and apply a little bit of gritty color. Under the cheekbones, around the perimeter of the face, and along the sides of the nose- then blend with fingers, sponge or brush to diffuse.
- 5- Use the Eye Liner again to line the lips, then fill them in with the Black Lipstick and clean up any stray smudges with the Lid Primer again.
- Apply the False Lashes from the kit last, and you are all set to go!
*post sponsored by Lunchbox, all opinions are my own